Helpful web sites
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT HEALTH INSURANCE (Obamacare) www.HealthCare.gov
- COVER MISSOURI (The Health Insurance Marketplace) www.covermissouri.org 800-318-2596
A project of the Missouri Foundation for Health (MFH) to promote quality, affordable health coverage for every Missourian.
- MISSOURI HEALTH CARE MARKETPLACE www.EnrollMissouri.org 24-Hour Hotline: 800-318-2596
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RESPONSE www.bhrstl.org 24-hour Mental Health Crisis Line: 314-469-6644 or 800-811-4760
- 800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433) If you or someone you know needs immediate help, please call the Crisis Hotline: 800-273-TALK (8255).
- ADAPT of Missouri www.adaptusa.com 888-657-3201
ADAPT of Missouri provides community support and psychosocial rehabilitation for adults living with mental illness.
- DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH www.dmh.mo.gov
- LIFE CRISIS SERVICES at Provident, Inc. www.provicentstl.org 314-647-4357 Phones are answered 24/7 by trained volunteers
- 2-1-1 (Operated by United Way 24/7) www.211.org Alt. Number: 800-427-4626
Counseling, education, employment, utility assistance, etc. Mainly referrals. Includes information on weather shelters.
- ST. LOUIS CITY and COUNTY HOMELESS HOTLINE: 314-802-5444 or 866-802-7155
- ILLINOIS SHELTER HOTLINE 618-397-5730
- HUNGER HOTLINE Operation Food Search: 314-726-5355 Ext. 3 www.ofsearch.org This organization provides an automated list of food pantries by zip code.
- MISSOURI COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC & SEXUAL VIOLENCE. www.mocadsv.
A statewide network of community-based programs and individuals providing shelter, support and advocacy to battered women and their children.
- Rustin’s Place Drop-In Center www.rustinsplace.org