Catch The WAVE: Williams & Associates Volunteer Endeavor
Health care in the United States is among the best in the world, with astonishing technologies and new treatments that offer hope to all those fortunate enough to access them. However, minorities, particularly African Americans, are more likely to experience health care barriers and to suffer from high rates of disease and early death.
We at Williams & Associates, Inc., a minority community based agency addressing minority health disparities, are dedicated to the principle that all people deserve equal access to comprehensive, culturally competent health care regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, age, income, insurance status, rural or urban geographic location, sexual orientation, all the other “isms” that serve as barriers to good healthcare. But we need your help!
Volunteers Are Needed In The Following Areas:
- Community Advisory Board (CAB): Members of the CAB provide community input on the design and implementation of the programs and services of the agency.
- Support Group Facilitators: Facilitators moderate the agency sponsored support and discussion groups. Groups are held on a weekly basis.
- Receptionist/Office Assistant: Provides important clerical and receptionist support to the staff and volunteers of the agency.
- Electronic Newsletter Producers: Volunteers are needed to help with the publication of the agency’s quarterly newsletter “Voices From The Village”.
- Board of Directors: Members of this volunteer board provide leadership and direction to the agency. Members work closely with the CEO of the agency.
- Special Events/Fundraising: Special events and fundraising volunteers are responsible for assisting the agency with special events and fundraising activities.
- Street Outreach Workers: Assist in taking agency services to the community outside traditional settings. Condom distribution is a major component of the agency’s outreach program.
- Community Health Outreach: Assist staff in conducting workshops and community presentations.
All volunteers receive valuable training in the area they are serving in, and are offered opportunities to build upon their current skills, while giving back to the community.
Please complete the form below and someone will contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your interest in volunteering. We realize that every great organization has a small pool of those who give of themselves unselfishly to further the mission and vision.